Whether you plan on travelling abroad or staying in the UK, if you plan on travelling in 2022, did you know that you can save when booking your next adventure with Health Service Discounts? With our exclusive NHS Travel Discounts, you can save when booking your 2022 holiday. Please take a look at our latest travel discounts below.
Hoseasons Up to 10% extra NHS discount
Virgin Holidays 5% extra NHS discount
Tui Up to £100 NHS discount
Jet 2 Holidays Save £50pp on all holidays + extra £25 NHS discount
Last Minute Breaks £50 off for NHS
Expedia 10% extra NHS discount
Love Holidays From only £98 pp + NHS get a £25 e-gift card
Butlins Up to £30 off + £20 NHS discount
Haven Up to 15% extra NHS discount
Covid-19 Travel Advice
Regardless of whether you plan on going abroad or staying in the UK, if you plan on travelling this year, you might be looking for advice. In 2020 and 2021, Covid-19 created so much uncertainty surrounding travel, and many of us have been questioning whether we can travel abroad in 2022. With growing concerns surrounding the Omicron variant, the UK government is continuing to enforce “Covid Plan B” restrictions – but what does this mean for travel? Currently, travel is going ahead as expected, which means you can book your holiday for 2022 with confidence. With over two years of no (or very limited) travel, it’s time to refresh our memories and familiarise ourselves with safety measures to ensure our trips are as safe (and fun) as possible. We have created several lists to help you get ready for your 2022 travels.
You can get the latest updates relating to covid and travel via the government website.
Things To Consider Before You Travel
- Ensure your passport is up-to-date.
- Travel insurance is a must, as it covers you for any activity you are likely to do whilst travelling.
- Take a copy of a prescription if you are prescribed medication.
- Contact your GP/pharmacy for health precautions and advice -especially if you have a medical condition.
- If possible, take medical supplies to last for the length of your visit and any unexpected delays.
- Have the correct legal documents, such as Visa, for the country you are visiting.
- Check the guidance on any permissions that might be required when travelling with children.
- Always inform family/friends where you are going. Leave them contact details of the hotel you are staying at, insurance policy information, and any additional information of importance.
If you plan on travelling abroad this year, there are several measures you need to consider. We have listed them below.
- Ensure you take another form of photo ID with you.
- Ensure your passport is in date.
- Prior to leaving, check the entry requirements to any country you will visit. Please note that certain countries will require that your passport be valid for six months after the date you travel.
- Please make sure you make a note of your passport number and/or take a photo of the information page. This is a crucial step to consider, and please make sure you keep that information safe.
Advice For When You Are Away
When travelling to a new location, both abroad and within the UK, there are specific measures to consider, such as:
- Think about your surroundings and what you are doing at all times. Do not take risks.
- When travelling abroad, it is crucial to be vigilant. If you see something concerning or require help, you can call 112 to contact the emergency services in any EU country.
- Do not openly display valuable possessions, such as your wallet, digital camera, mobile phone, etc.
- Consider using a padlock on suitcases or backpacks.
- Do not openly display cash – try to use a money wallet or belt.
- Do not carry all of your cards with you – leave one in a secure location in case of an emergency.
- Air Travel Information
- Travelling Internationally Information
- When Should You Book Your 2022?
- Health and Travel Insurance Information
- How To Minimise Your Risk From Terrorism While Abroad
If you plan on booking a holiday for 2022, why not book with Health Service Discounts? We have fantastic and exclusive NHS discounts to help you save on your booking. Whether you are planning a staycation, weekend break or a holiday abroad, save when booking with our NHS discount today.
Click the banner below to view our fantastic NHS Travel Discounts.